Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Ensure that you are well-hydrated prior to your colon hydrotherapy session by drinking between 11/2 – 2 litres of water throughout the day.
- It is advisable not to consume any food and drink two hours prior to your appointment. This is to avoid feelings of nausea, as well as to ensure maximum comfort during your session.
- Eat healthy and nourishing foods the day before and on the day of your colon hydrotherapy session, unless you are fasting.
- Allow for the time and space you need to be in a calm state of mind. Your body responds best to treatment when it is relaxed: Deep breathing, laughing, exercising, soothing music and a positive, supportive environment all help facilitate this peaceful state.
- Coffee, alcohol and cigarette are best avoided on the day (s) prior to your treatment as they will dehydrate you before a colonic.
- Chew your food well (20-30 times). This may prevent undigested food and gas pockets from building up in your colon.
- Avoid drinking fizzy drinks in the day(s) prior to your treatment as they can cause large gas pockets to form in your bowel and the waste can get trapped behind it.
If you arrive full of gas your colonic may be more uncomfortable, and a lot of time will be spent clearing out gas instead of waste.
- Although colon hydrotherapy can help clear out a lot of wind and trapped gas, by avoiding gassy foods such as sugary foods, wheat, pulses and brassica vegetables beforehand, can help in make the session more effective.